By Ava Aschettino
1. Friends: This show is by far my favorite show available on Netflix. “Friends,” is a timeless show that aired on NBC from 1994-2004 and is still one of the most popular shows of all time. This treasured sitcom features a group of friends living in New York City and follows their hilarious lives as they try to find their way in life. The show highlights the relationships, careers, and conflicts of the six friends. And let’s not forget the famous guest stars like Alec Baldwin, Brad Pitt, Winona Ryder, Bruce Willis and Reese Witherspoon, to name a few. With a total of ten seasons, this show will have you hooked for every single hilarious second. Clearly I was! And, we get it, Ross. You were on a break!
2. Stranger Things: I fell in love with this show from the first second of the first episode! This show is a Netflix Original series with two seasons, and a third soon to be in the making, that will instantly have you hooked! This sci-fi horror adventure starts when a preteen boy goes missing in the small town of Hawkins, Indiana. Soon, the missing boy’s outcast friends uncover dark secrets within the small town; they discover a secret government lab project. From there, the plot twists become more and more mind blowing! This show is a must watch!
3. Parks and Recreation: This show was seven seasons of pure gold. With a protagonist played by Amy Poehler, clearly the show was a comedic hit. In the small town of Pawnee, Indiana, the Parks and Recreation Department, headed by go-getter Leslie Knope (Poehler), tries to make the town a better place. In each episode, the department encounters hilarious obstacles. It all starts with a pit located next to the residence of Ann Perkins (Rashida Jones) that has caused a man, Andy Dwyer (Chris Pratt), to become injured. With one of the best casts on television, “Parks and Recreation” is a definite watch! Even Ron Swanson approves!
4. The Office: One of the most memed characters in television history, Michael Scott, played by Steve Carell, is known for his hilarious lines on NBC’s hit show, “The Office.” This show features an all-star cast who play workers at the Scranton branch of “Dunder Mifflin,” a paper sales company. It may sound boring, but trust me… it’s not. For each of the nine seasons, this show always put a smile on my face. The boss of the Scranton branch, Michael Scott, is not your average boss. In fact, he's the “fun boss” many real-life bosses aspire to be. He's an eccentric character all right. This show is full of pranks, paper, relationships, jokes, beets, and friendship. The nine seasons of “The Office” are most definitely worth watching.
5. The Good Place: The last show to snag a spot on my top five list is this amazing new comedy starring Kristen Bell as Eleanor Shellstrop. Eleanor dies on Earth and is sent to the Good Place, not the Bad Place. But, there has been a mistake and it is revealed that Eleanor was supposed to be sent to the Bad Place (she was not the best person while on Earth). While hiding her secret, she is paired with her ideal soulmate, Chidi Anagonye, who was a philosopher on Earth. She shares her secret with him in the hope that he will help her learn to be a better person so she can stay in paradise, The Good Place. This show is hilarious, yet at the same time it underscores how all of your decisions can come back to haunt you! Only one season is currently available on Netflix, but the second season is currently streaming on NBC and will be available on Netflix very soon!